Documents to Bring to Family Court.
Family Court Orders of Protection.
Family Court Process Server Rules.
Family Court Process Service and Proceedings.

Serving Family Court papers in New York must be done according to the rules set out by the New York State Family Court for service of process. For example, there are
certain days when NY process servers must  refrain from effecting service and specific days when service of process is acceptable. Although generally most process
service in New York is not allowed during holidays, religious days and Sundays, there are specific exceptions to this rule. Process service may be effected on Sundays
and on holidays if the judge ordered it . Also Orders of Protection can be served on those days without a judge's order. Observant Jews may be served during their
Sabbaths (Friday evening and Saturdays)  only if an order of protection, summons or petition for order of protection have been issued against them.

Summonses for  guardianship, child visitation ("V" summons) , child custody, child support ("F" summons)  and spousal support.

Custody petitions must be served in person on the named respondent. Serving a relative of the respondent is considered improper service. Generally, unless otherwise
ordered by a Family Court judge, paternity petitions, guardianship petitions, child visitation petitions and child custody petitions must be served in person on the named
respondent. Serving a relative of the respondent is considered improper service. For further information regarding rules for Family Offense cases, Custody cases,
Visitation cases, Support cases and Paternity cases, please read the forms and instructions below.
Process Servers for New York City:
Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Bronx.
Tel.: 718-277-2968             Fax: 347-295-0244
Tel.: 718-345-0244
Home-Get NY Process Service Site Map of About New York Process Service Contact a NY Process Server
Step 1-Request Process Servicesend court papers (Step 3)pay for process service (Step 2)Request Free Quote for Process ServiceContact a NY Process Server
Licensed and bonded process server for The City of New York. Official Process Server License # 2067123
    What if I Cannot Attend my Court Hearing?
    Bring a letter to the court explaining why you cannot attend. You must bring your letter
    before the court date.If you cannot bring a letter, call the court clerk to explain your
    circumstances. If you do not appear in court your petition may be dismissed (if you are the
    petitioner) or the judge may issue an order against you (if you are the respondent).

    At the Hearing...
    Speak to the judge briefly but clearly state your case. Bring evidence and witnesses (if
    available) to support your case.

    Most Family Court cases are not decided on the first court hearing; therefore you may
    need to appear in court on a future date. You case will be complete after the judge issues
    an order or decision. Said decision or order may be temporary. If a final order is issued by
    the court you may not be required to show up in court again but you must obey said order.