New York Process Service Instructions

If You Need  Process Server Services in New York, Here Is What You Must Do:

I Have a  Summons and/or Complaint  or Out of State Summons and Complaint:

1- Send or bring the summons and complaint to us. If using the postal service, send two copies of the pleadings by regular mail, express
mail or certified mail.  If using fax or email, only send one copy.

Retain your original summons and complaint. Under New York laws it is O.K.. to serve true copies of Court papers. The sooner you send
the documents the higher the chances for us to effect service timely.

2- Enclose a  check or money order payable to
"New York Process Service" or make payment on this  website. Generally, the process
service fee we charge is $95.00 for divorces and Family Court, subpoenas and summonses.

If you are an attorney  you may be entitled to paying lower fees. Please visit the
Process Service for Attorneys page to find discounted attorney fees or call us.

3- If available, please provide a
description of defendant : height, weight,  age, color of skin, color of hair, color of eyes and other identifying
features. You may also attach a photo in addition to providing the description.

4- Provide a
correct address for us to find and serve the Defendant. If possible give us home and work addresses and work schedule. If
you provide an incorrect address, the process service fees you paid will not be refunded
. However, we may attempt service of your
papers at an additional  New York City address you give us for an additional lower fee (Usually $55.00).

Service of process by us is guaranteed as long as you provide a correct address.

5- Inform us if the Defendant has evaded service before. If possible, tell us who is
residing with him/her, the make of car he/she drives and whether the Defendant has guard dogs or a restricted access property or

6- Give us a
correct address where we can send you the corresponding affidavit of service (Service return) after  we serve your Defendant.
Contact us promptly if you do not receive said affidavit by the date we promised you would receive it.

I Have a Divorce Summons and Petition, Family Court Petition and Summons  or Out of State Summons for Divorce.

1- Follow Steps 1 through 6 outlined above. Generally the fee for Divorce and Family Court cases is $95.00.

2- If your case will be heard in a court out of New York, send a copy of the affidavit form required by your court (Your jurisdiction may require
a legal affidavit  or service return with a different format or verbiage).

3- Give us the name and description of any other adult who can accept process on
behalf of defendant.
If your court does not allow substituted service, please notify us.

Generally divorces and certain Family Court cases may take longer than five days to be served if respondents must be served in person
and/or they are evading service.
New York laws require personal service (in hand service) for all divorce cases and Child custody cases
unless otherwise ordered by a judge.

4- If your case will be heard in New York, do not send affidavit forms and Child Support Affidavit forms because we already have those
forms in our database.

I Have a New York Subpoena or Out of State Subpoena:

1-Follow steps 1 through 6 outlined above.

2-Along with the $95.00 that we charge for serving process in New York, you may also be required to add the
New York subpoena fee for
the witness or subpoena recipient. As per New York law, the subpoena fee may range from $0 to $45.00 , depending on the address of the
witness and the venue where the case will be heard.

If you do not attach the subpoena fee we will serve the subpoena without it.  If you
wish to attach the fee, just add it to our service fee (E.g.: If you are paying $20.00  as subpoena fee, then send us $95+$20 = $115.00).  

Please call or email us if you have questions.

I Need Process Serving in 24 Hours or I Need Rush Process Service for Today:

1-Follow steps 1 through 6 outlined above.

2- You must call us first and discuss the process service job with us
before we agree to effect service on the same day or the next day.

3- You must
always pay in advance for process service. This rules also applies for attorneys and law firms. Usually the cost is $225.00
for same day service. The fee for service within 48 hours is $135.00. The fee for service within 24 hours is $165.00. Rush process service
fees are NEVER refundable.

4- You must ensure that your court papers are either sent by FedEx, fax or email and received by us
before 11:00 A.M. of  the day when
service will be effected.
Three Easy Ways to Order
New York Process Service and
New York Subpoena Service.
Call Us
From 10:00 AM- 8:00PM
718-277-2968  or...

Fax Court Papers 24/7:
Fax 347-295-0244.
Email Your Papers Now:
Questions ? Email Us  At:
Mail Your Court Papers Via
USPS, FedEx, UPS, or  
DHL to:

Superior Services JD, Inc
54 Bristol St. # 7F
Brooklyn , NY 11212
Process Servers for New York City:
Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Bronx.
Tel.: 718-277-2968             Fax: 347-295-0244
Tel.: 718-345-0244
Home-Get NY Process Service Site Map of About New York Process Service Contact a NY Process Server
Step 1-Request Process Servicesend court papers (Step 3)pay for process service (Step 2)Request Free Quote for Process ServiceContact a NY Process Server
Licensed and bonded process servers for The City of New York. Official Process Server License # 2067123

    After you send your documents and
    payment to us, we  will serve your court

    Then we will issue a notarized affidavit of
    service (Service Return) for you to bring to

    The affidavit of service will be sent to your
    home or office or directly to Court.
New York City Process Server Lic. # 2067123.
    Get Started
Pay for New York Process Service
Provide Information About Defendant
Order Process Service in NY
instructions for Process Serving in NY
Why Should You Use
Our Process Service?
Our Clients' Praises and Comments
NY Process Service Fees Comparison
About Superior Services JD, Inc and Your Privacy
Why a Use a Process Server in New York City?
Current Process Serving Fees in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, New York County and Richmond County
Find New York City
Process Servers
Process Servers for Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan
New York Processs Servers List
Bronx Process Servers List
Brooklyn Process Servers List
Queens Process Servers List
State Island Process Servers
Customer Service
Contact a NY Process Server
FAQs About NY Process Service
NY Legal Resources

Landlord-Tenant Cases

Family Court Process

Divorce Process Service
Click Here to Email Us