Legal Process Service Instructions
If You Need  Process Server Services in New York, Here Is What You Must Do:

I Have a  Summons and/or Complaint  or Out of State Summons and Complaint:

1- Send the summons and complaint to us. If using the postal service, send two
copies of the pleadings by regular mail, express mail or certified mail.  If using fax
or email, only send one copy.

Retain your original summons and complaint. Under New York laws it is O.K.. to
serve copies of Court papers. The sooner you send the documents the higher the
chances for us to effect service timely.

2- Enclose a  check or money order payable to "New York Process Service" or
Superior Services JD, Inc" or make payment on this  Web site. Generally, the
process service fee to pay is $95.00.

If you are an attorney  you may be entitled to paying lower fees. Please visit the
Process Service for Attorneys  page to find discounted attorney fees.

3- If available, please provide a description of defendant
: height, weight, age,
color of skin, color of hair, color of eyes and other identifying features. You may
attach a photo in addition to providing the description.

4- Provide a
correct address for us to find and serve Defendant. If possible give
us home and work addresses and work schedule. If you provide an incorrect
address, the process service fees you paid will not be refunded. However, we will
attempt service of your papers at an additional  New York City address you give us
free of charge if the first address you gave us is incorrect.

Service of process by us  is guaranteed as long as you provide a correct address.

5- Inform us if Defendant has evaded service before. If possible, tell us who is
residing with him/her, the make of car he/she drives, and whether Defendant has
guard dogs or a restricted access property or work place.

6- Give us a
correct address where we can send you the corresponding affidavit
of service (Service return) after  we serve your Defendant. Contact us promptly if
you do not receive said affidavit by the date we promised you would receive it.

I Have a Divorce Summons and Petition, Family Court Petition and Summons  or
Out of State Summons for Divorce.

1- Follow Steps 1 through 6 outlined above.

2- If your case will be heard in a court out of New York, send a copy of the affidavit
form required by your court (Your jurisdiction may require a legal affidavit  or
service return with a different format or verbiage).

3- Give us the name and description of any other adult who can accept process on
behalf of defendant.
If your court does not allow substituted service, please notify

Generally divorces and certain Family Court cases may take longer than five days
to be served if respondents must be served in person and/or they are evading
New York law requires service in hand for most of those cases unless
otherwise ordered by a judge.

4- If your case will be heard in New York, do not send affidavit forms, Child Support
Standards Chart and Child Support Affidavit forms because we have those forms.

I Have a New York Subpoena or Out of State Subpoena:

1-Follow steps 1 through 6 outlined above.

2-Together with the $95.00 that we charge for serving process in New York, you
may need to add the
New York subpoena fee for the subpoena recipient. As per
New York law, the subpoena fee may range from $0 to $45.00. , depending on the
address of the witness and the venue where the case will be heard.

If you do not attach the subpoena fee we will serve the subpoena without it.  If you
wish to attach the fee, just add it to our service fee (E.g.: If you are paying $20.00  
to the subpoena recipient, then send us $95+$20 = $115.00).  

Please call or email us if you have questions.

I Need Process Serving in 24 Hours or I Need Rush Process Service for Today:

1-Follow steps 1 through 6 outlined above.

2- You must call us first and discuss the process service job with us before we
agree to effect service on the same day or the next day.

3- You must
always pay in advance for process service. Usually the cost is
$125.00 for same day or next day service of process in New York.

4- You must ensure that your court papers are either sent by FedEx, fax or email
and received by us
before 11:00 A.M. of  the day when service will be effected.
2-5 Day Legal Process
in New York City
For service of civil
summons and
complaints in Queens,
Brooklyn and Bronx..
Queens process server
Do You Really Want to STOP
Overpaying for
Process Service in New York?
After you send your documents and payment to us, we  
will serve your court papers. Then we will issue a
notarized affidavit of service (Service Return) for you to
bring to Court. The affidavit of service will be sent to
your home or office or directly to Court.
Three Easy Ways to Order
New York Process Service and
New York Subpoena Service.
Call Us
From 10:00 AM- 8:00PM
718-277-2968  or...

Fax Court Papers 24/7:
Fax 347-295-0244.
Email Your Papers Now:
Questions ? Email Us  At:
Mail Your Court Papers Via
USPS, FedEx, UPS, or  
DHL to:

Superior Services JD, Inc
54 Bristol St. # 7F
Brooklyn , NY 11212
    Get Started
Order Process Service in NY
Pay for New York Process Service
Provide Information About Defendant
instructions for Process Serving in NY
Why Should You Use
Our Process Service?
Our Clients' Praises and Comments
NY Process Service Fees Comparison
About Superior Services JD, Inc and Your Privacy
Why a Use a Process Server in New York City?
Current Process Serving Fees in Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, New York County and Richmond County
Find New York City
Process Servers.
Process Servers for Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan
New York Processs Servers List
Bronx Process Servers List
Brooklyn Process Servers List
Queens Process Servers List
State Island Process Servers
Customer Service
Contact a NY Process Server
FAQs About NY Process Service
NY Legal Resources
Click Here to Email Us
New York City Process Server Lic. # 2067123.
New York City Process Server Lic. # 2067123.
Process Servers for New York City:
Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan and Bronx.
Tel.: 718-277-2968             Fax: 347-295-0244
Tel.: 718-345-0244
Home-Get NY Process Service Site Map of About New York Process Service Contact a NY Process Server
Step 1-Request Process Servicesend court papers (Step 3)pay for process service (Step 2)Request Free Quote for Process ServiceContact a NY Process Server
| More
Licensed and bonded process servers for The City of New York. Official Process Server License # 2067123